Saturday, December 15, 2007

WHILE YOU WERE OUT HOLIDAY SHOPPING: THE GOVERNMENT FENCES OUT THE HOMELESS AND SEEKS TO BULLDOZE VIABLE PUBLIC HOUSING AT CHRISTMAS

I have so much to say about what I see and perceive is happening to the homeless in New Orleans, but am distraught by what I am witnessing and I am concerned that my writing will not be from my heart, but from my head, which protects my heart from the feelings of powerlessness and pain by expressing reactive anger.

For now, I will let the content of the photo's speak for themselves.





My soul laments...
Imprisoned within my body,
I watch helplessly as the days turn into months and the months into years of living death.
My companions - melancholy, despair, and helplessness - torment my imprisoned consciousness.
Relentless suffering, walking death, torment, and pain... I walk entombed among you
- near and yet alone in my imprisoned state.



Think you my brothers, my sisters who live in the streets, that I see you not in your suffering?
I see you with the eyes of my heart and my heart weeps with you…



Here is what I 'see' - HOPE.
Not in the darkness not coming.
For it's coming has been foretold to prepare you.
HOPE will be found, it will be born in the darkness,
and the Light will enter the hearts of the willing
and give unto them strength, courage, compassion, and most of all...
HOPE.




From the Heart of Christ these words were given to me:

"Remember Love."









with a grieving heart I leave you.

No comments: