Thursday, April 12, 2007

THE PRICE OF "STANDING UP" WITH INTEGRITY

April 10, 2007

Dear Miss P - (name withheld)

I want to thank you for your courageous actions on the behalf of the tenants who have been deceived, lied to, and who have had their money swindled from them based on deceptive, whilst at the same time “legal” real-estate practices of our landlord.

I want to thank you as someone who will be soon be experiencing the pain of being deceived by the owner of the real estate agency and his site manager, one who will not receive her deposit back in time to move into a new apartment, as I have learnt, that I might not receive it back for up to 3 months. Something I was not told when I moved in and signed my lease.

I would like to thank you on behalf of those who have been treated with respect by you and your kindness. I now understand that this real-estate company used you as a “front” a kind and trusting person, to cover their devious and greedy deeds. And whilst sorry to see you leave, as I will miss your sunny and cheerful presence, let me extend my gratitude, in knowing that you will no longer need to compromise yourself and engage in duplicitous acts in order to “pay your bills”.

Most of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of all the tenants (if I may) – especially on behalf of the man whom you “knew” paid his $650 – and for giving him his receipt and not allowing yourself to become complicit with deceitful business practices that would have led this man to literally having his money stolen from him by the real estate agency whom had lost his deposit and was trying cover this loss by accusing him of not paying.

It takes great courage Miss P, to stand up to greed and deception especially when your means of financial support are at stake. It takes courage to stand with integrity when those in power are willing to fire you for engaging in honest business practices in your role as a real estate receptionist.

It is an honor to know such a person as you.

Sincerely,

Your Planetary Sister
Tenant of ____ St. Charles Street
New Orleans LA 70115

No comments: