Friday, March 23, 2007

VOLUNTEERING IN NEW ORLEANS

"GOIN HOME CAFE SIGN ON ST. CLAUDE"


AmeriCorps (Louisiana)
American Red Cross
America's Second Harvest (70115 zip)
Catholic Charities
Citizen Command Center
City Park
Covenant House
Common Ground
Episcopal Diocese of New Orleans
Emergency Communities
Greater New Orleans Volunteeer Connection
Green Light New Orleans
The Green Project
Habitat for Humanity NOLA
Habitat Gulf Coast (MISS)
Jesuits (New Orleans Province)
Katrina Action
LA Rebuilds - volunteer resource link
Lean On Me - Help for Families
Lutheran Disaster Response
Mennonite Disaster Service
New Orleans Mission
Network For Good
NOLA Yurp
Operation Noah Rebuild
Phoenix Project of New Orleans
Plenty International
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
Relief Spark
Salvation Army
St. Bernard Project
St. Rose Outreach (Miss)
St. Vincent De Paul Society
Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
Volunteers of America
Volunteer Louisiana
Volunteer Match
We-Kare
Wikipedia - Aid Agencies - Katrina

There are also people who just come down to New Orleans and find a place to help like myself. For me, I have found that all I have to do is walk down the street..

Peace and love.

1 comment:

Nathan Rothstein said...

Hey,

I just came across this posting. I am no longer working with PNOLA, but I wanted to share with you the website that I have been working on with other people in New Orleans

http://www.nolayurp.com/

We are trying to create a network for all of the young people down here who are doing rebuilding work.